Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Ross Carter|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 13:30|
Our client is building out a suite of mission critical real-time applications, which process large amount of transactions. This role is to Project Manage the end to end delivery of various projects in a Program of work.
You will assume overall responsibility for the direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of a Portfolio of Projects. There are a number of Project Management positions to deliver the backend transaction processing elements of these systems, as well as frontend digital and digital transformation projects.
As a seasoned Project Manager you will matrix manage a team of resources including BA's, Developers, Testers, Assistant PMs etc. Given this is a large software build, you will have been expected to come from a technical background with a strong appreciation of the SDLC. You will also need to have experience working across multiple workstreams in an Enterprise Environment.
• Be accountable to the Program Director for the end to end Delivery of the Project work stream
• Ensure Projects are broken down into clear milestones (requirements gathering, system development schedule, deployment, testing)
• Manage the Project Portfolio Budget
• Report Project status to key stakeholders in technology and business regularly
• Engage and manage stakeholders
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure Projects remains on schedule
• Identify and Manage Project Risk
• Ensure ALL Project Governance is met
• Manage the development activities and deliverables
• Ensure development requirements are met
• Monitor and report on progress in accordance with the requirements.
• Identify and manage relationships through effective communication with all stakeholders including third parties, and acts as the primary point of contact.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in an IT discipline
• 10+ years of experience in IT Project Management and software delivery
• Must have relevant Project Management certification Prince2, PMP
• Detailed knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Direct work experience in project management of large scale application delivery
• Experience in real time high transactional systems
• Experience with low latency technical environment an advantage
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
• Proven experience in people management
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills
• Proficient in English, both verbal and written
• Team player with strong desire for excellence
• Must be good at multi-tasking and be highly motivated to deal with the growing challenges in this field
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Project Manager” in the subject.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's