Senior Java Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Java Developer|
|Contract Type:||Contract to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2018 13:04|
Our client, a leading Global Investment Bank, are currently undertaking numerous programs of work, to build and deliver various high-frequency trading systems. They are looking for a strong Developer to participate in the building of quality platforms in this IBank environment.
Due to the nature of the role and environment, the right candidate should have experience with the development of real-time, high transactional, high frequency trading systems (Equities/Derivatives/FX), preferably within an Agile environment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Focus on analysis, design and development of various trading applications
- Be part of a team contributing to the improvement of System Architecture and delivery on a continuous basis
- To define development tasks, perform task allocation to meet project commitments, monitor delivery tasks and report the progress
- To coach and develop team members to ensure an excellent maintenance of competent workforce and review code to make sure it meets the high standards set by the Organisation
- To seek opportunities to constantly improve work practices and process
Requirements of the role:
- University graduate with a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- A minimum of 6 years’ Back-End Development, systems design, software development etc.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within Agile environments ideally working with medium-sized software teams (~10 developers
- Strong, demonstrable experience using Spring/Hibernate, Web services, JS and J2EE.
- Hands-on experience in developing high performance transaction processing and analytics systems
- Financial knowledge (Equities/FX) experience is preferable but not a must
- Strong team player who can work under pressure, independently and proactively.
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Hong Kong's largest organisations at an exciting phase.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Senior Java Developer” in the Subject Heading.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's