Senior IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior IT Project Manager|
|Location:||Happy Valley Hong Kong|
|Contact Name:||Ross Carter|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2019 15:24|
Our client is building out a suite of mission critical real-time applications, which process large amount of transactions. This role is to Project Manage the end to end delivery of various projects in a Program of work.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be accountable and responsible for managing and ensuring delivery of a portfolio of projects around software development and delivery. You will need to understand the initiatives ensure appropriate governance and communications in line with company standards and expectations as well as industry best practice (e.g. PMP). The ideal candidate will have the experience in engaging with different stakeholders while at the same time be able to manage the resources help ensure productivity and identify gaps or risks with the resource and raise this to the Portfolio Manager.
- Ensure appropriate project governance is in place for all relevant initiatives
- Apply strong stakeholder management and engagement to the projects aligning expectations and reporting as necessary
- Ensures project objectives for individual IT team members are set whilst on the project, and, in conjunction with the Line Manager, monitors and provides feedback on performance against these objectives
- Manage software delivery working with Development Managers, Architects and DevOps Leads
- Quality standards are defined at the outset of the project and review processes are adhered to.
- Delivers the project(s) within the agreed budget schedule and resourcing
- Plans include all activities necessary to mitigate risks.
- Effective application of techniques for managing risk and issues.
- Undergraduate qualifications in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- +10 years’ experience in Project Management within an Enterprise Environment
- A strong understanding of IT project management and status reporting
- A very strong understanding the software development lifecycle both waterfall and agile
- Must demonstrate good knowledge of commercial and contractual issues
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
- Strong English language skills (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Putonghua (written and spoken) is an advantage
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send your CV in word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Programme Manager as subject.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's