Senior IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior IT Project Manager|
|Location:||Hong Kong Island|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Vargas|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2021 12:06|
Our client, a leading reputable Blue-Chip Enterprise, is currently looking to bring in a senior and experienced IT Project Manager who will play a key role in helping deliver multiple initiatives over the next few years, as the Organisation goes through a large-scale transformation and technology upgrade. There will be a large specific focus on Infrastructure and its related components. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading the delivery of multiple work streams with a key focus on managing scope, time, cost, and quality, and will need to have experience managing concurrent
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Accountable for the management of the overall project within approved project scope, timeframes, and resources.
- Define, communicate, and manage project objectives/ scope.
- Play a key role to support cross departments and team efforts and model collaborative behaviour
- Diagnose and evaluate potential risks and issues throughout the project and report regularly to the project sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure program management with project quality and standards.
- Create and manage various project plans, which include scope, resources, and budget.
- Manage stakeholder interaction and expectations
- Define and produce project status reports.
- Ensure all project commitments are met, monitor and report on progress.
- Manage the vendors to work collaboratively to deliver the product as specified, on time and within agreed budget.
- Ensure appropriate standards are adopted and that effective quality controls are built into the project plan and that mechanisms are in place to review constantly.
- Identify and manage relationships through effective communication with all stakeholders including third parties and act as a primary point of contact
Requirements of the Role:
- Graduate qualifications in computer science, engineering, or similar/equivalent discipline.
- Around 10-15 years of Professional experience, ideally with exposure to an enterprise IT environment.
- At least 8 years in project management of medium to large scale IT infrastructure and operation projects.
- Solid understanding of at least one core area of IT Infrastructure (such as Network, OS, Storage, Database, End-User Computing, Virtual Infrastructure, Cloud) is needed.
- Strong experience in delivering multiple concurrent workstreams is a plus.
- Ability to communicate strongly to senior managers and stakeholders, as well as vendors
- Good understanding of end-to-end process management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven success in leading multi-functional initiatives across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent command of both verbal and written English
- Project Management Certification (e.g., Prince or PMP) is necessary.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Senior Project Manager" in the subject heading.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's