Senior Enterprise Solutions Architect
|Job Title:||Senior Enterprise Solutions Architect|
|Contact Name:||Ross Carter|
|Job Published:||December 28, 2020 13:25|
Our client is a large Blue-Chip Enterprise, with an extremely large and complex technology footprint. They are seeking a Senior Enterprise Solutions Architect who will oversee all technical planning and designing of an Enterprise-wide Data Analytics strategy. This includes the building a Data Lake and overhauling the existing Data Warehouse.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Guide the activities of the solution architecture unit to ensure timely completion of projects
- Ensure that solution architecture (software and programs) designed are in sync with business needs and hardware
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Required Skills of the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum 12 years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role
- Proven expertise in creating models and prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, analysing specifications and customizing applications for specific customers.
- Ability to understand the business model, process knowledge and fundamental IT architectures and technologies
- Proven architectural experience in large scale Data Analytics / Data Warehouse / Data Lake project implementation in a large enterprise environment
- Detailed understanding of enterprise architecture concepts
- Able to lead technical discussion around architecture analysis and design to align technical and business architecture
- Data Analytics and Data Lake technical knowledge; Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.
- ETL tools, visual analytic tools, and Data Warehouse experience
- Knowledge of data science languages R, Python etc
- Strong communication skills including significant interaction at C-Level
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please send your most updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Enterprise Solutions Architect.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's