Network Architect - Regional role
|Job Title:||Network Architect - Regional role|
|Contract Type:||Contract to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2019 16:34|
Our client, a leading Blue-Chip Organisation in Hong Kong, are looking for a strong, seasoned Network Infrastructure Architect, to join a team responsible for the technical design and implementation of new infrastructure technology frameworks, to support the business and infrastructure initiatives across the region and globe. The Organisation is going through a large amount of Transformation creating an exciting time to join.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Be responsible for, and ensure, the infrastructure strategy, roadmap and standards at enterprise level is robust, agile, cost-efficient and meets the various business needs.
• Be responsible for the technical design and governance of network infrastructure framework, to support the business and infrastructure initiatives of the Organisation across the globe.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on infrastructure technology platforms & services.
• Act as technical lead on infrastructure related RFI/RFPs, contracts, scope of work, and negotiate with vendors who provide cloud platforms and services to understand who offers the best solution in line with goals.
• Together with Technology Risk function, ensure effectiveness of infrastructure security.
• Works with suppliers and partner organisations to offer solution leadership and design.
• Be responsible for delivering functional objectives within timeframe and budget.
• Communicate with various key stakeholders across the Business and externally (Vendors and Partners).
Requirements of the role:
• Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
• At least 10 years work experience within IT Infrastructure functions with at least 5 years in architecture & design role.
• Strong architecture and design skills on global enterprise network infrastructure.
• Proficiency in Data centre networks, Global & domestic WAN & WAN optimisation.
• Internet gateway and extranet network infrastructure experience and knowledge in Web/Application firewalls.
• Load balancing infrastructure exposure with knowledge in DNS, CDN, SDN & VPN; TACACS.
• Preferably experienced in Unified Communications; Video/Voice conferencing technologies etc.
• Familiar with VMware technologies; Active Directory, Office 365, Windows & Linux platforms; Middleware, DB and SAN technologies, etc.
• Ability to drive multiple vendors to support a complex enterprise infrastructure environment
• Strong project management skills, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills in English with Mandarin being a big advantage.
If interested in the position or would like to know more, please contact Ben Davey: ben @ mainstayasia.com - 3956 1562
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)