Network Architect - Regional role
|Job Title:||Network Architect - Regional role|
|Contract Type:||Contract to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2019 16:34|
Our client, a leading Blue-Chip Organisation in Hong Kong, are looking for a strong, seasoned Network Infrastructure Architect, to join a team responsible for the technical design and implementation of new infrastructure technology frameworks, to support the business and infrastructure initiatives across the region and globe. The Organisation is going through a large amount of Transformation creating an exciting time to join.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Be responsible for, and ensure, the infrastructure strategy, roadmap and standards at enterprise level is robust, agile, cost-efficient and meets the various business needs.
• Be responsible for the technical design and governance of network infrastructure framework, to support the business and infrastructure initiatives of the Organisation across the globe.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on infrastructure technology platforms & services.
• Act as technical lead on infrastructure related RFI/RFPs, contracts, scope of work, and negotiate with vendors who provide cloud platforms and services to understand who offers the best solution in line with goals.
• Together with Technology Risk function, ensure effectiveness of infrastructure security.
• Works with suppliers and partner organisations to offer solution leadership and design.
• Be responsible for delivering functional objectives within timeframe and budget.
• Communicate with various key stakeholders across the Business and externally (Vendors and Partners).
Requirements of the role:
• Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
• At least 10 years work experience within IT Infrastructure functions with at least 5 years in architecture & design role.
• Strong architecture and design skills on global enterprise network infrastructure.
• Proficiency in Data centre networks, Global & domestic WAN & WAN optimisation.
• Internet gateway and extranet network infrastructure experience and knowledge in Web/Application firewalls.
• Load balancing infrastructure exposure with knowledge in DNS, CDN, SDN & VPN; TACACS.
• Preferably experienced in Unified Communications; Video/Voice conferencing technologies etc.
• Familiar with VMware technologies; Active Directory, Office 365, Windows & Linux platforms; Middleware, DB and SAN technologies, etc.
• Ability to drive multiple vendors to support a complex enterprise infrastructure environment
• Strong project management skills, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills in English with Mandarin being a big advantage.
If interested in the position or would like to know more, please contact Ben Davey: ben @ mainstayasia.com - 3956 1562
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's