Head of Platform (DevOps)
|Job Title:||Head of Platform (DevOps)|
|Contact Name:||Jeremy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2021 17:23|
Our client, a rapidly growing Fintech company who just recently secured a funding, is currently seeking a seasoned technology leader who will play a strategic role in the design and build of the cloud-native environment. The candidate would be responsible in monitoring the performance, stability and scalability of the environments and CI/CD pipelines while ensuring the highest levels of security and responding swiftly to any new and emerging vulnerabilities and security threats.
The ideal candidate is a cloud and DevOps architecture expert who is confident in leading a growing team and would be comfortable working with multiple key stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage the overall strategy for platform delivery and promote industry best-practice, aligning to regulatory obligations
- Own infrastructure, third-party connectivity and self-service DevOps pipelines
- Review and approve key decisions across platform team
- Manage tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable the software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production in the most efficient way
- Design, architect, document and enforce DevOps best practices, standards, policies and workflows.
- Design and architect modular, extensible CI/CD pipelines that abstract organization requirements and common concerns while allowing engineering teams to scale as needed
- Ensure that a robust high availability and disaster recovery processes are defined and tested and make sure that a business continuity plan is adequate with back up policies in place
- Help mentor and motivate leads and managers as they build teams and deliver value in a fast-paced environment
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THE ROLE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar
- At least 12 years in Information Technology field, with 7 years of proven experience as Senior Technical Manager or Senior DevOps Manager
- Knowledge of virtualization/container technologies, such as VMware, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Solid experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Monitoring (CM) and Infrastructure Automation using the tools such as Git, Jenkins, Jfrog Artifactory, IBM UrbanCode, Ansible, etc
- Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data, cloud native applications, ideally with hands on experience in AWS
- Demonstrable knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and system requirements including cyber security
- Proven experience in delivering successful agile projects
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills in English
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to email@example.com with "DevOps Director" in the subject line.