Lead DevOps Engineer (monitoring & tools)
|Job Title:||Lead DevOps Engineer (monitoring & tools)|
|Contact Name:||Mary Delfin|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2021 16:42|
Our client is a large Blue-Chip Enterprise, with an extremely large and complex technology footprint. They are seeking a Technical SME who will oversee all planning, designing, programming, and implementation of ElasticStack or ELK monitoring and logging solutions. The role would require the ideal candidate to have extensive experience in taking a lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of the company.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- To take responsibility in spearheading a team of developers to design and develop applications based on requirement specifications & high-level architecture design from architects.
- To coordinate with project managers, solution architects and business users during the analysis, definition, and development phases.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Required Skills of the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- A minimum of 12 years of hands on experience in the IT field, with at least 8 years of which managing the design, development and delivery of large-scale application development across a broad range of platforms and business areas
- Have excellent knowledge of software development life cycle (from concept to deployment and support) in an agile environment
- Have leadership skills - be able to lead discussions and have a strong delivery focus.
- Advanced experience in building and governing an enterprise architecture program that includes a framework with clearly defined processes following a set of best practices.
- Solid experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Monitoring (CM) and Infrastructure Automation
- Experience with automated configuration management tool and playbooks (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack) and (Docker, Kubernetes) containers, and version control systems (GitHub, GitLab)
- Proven experience with monitoring & log management tools such as ElasticStack or ELK, Splunk, BMC TrueSight, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, with ElasticStack preferred
- Experience with cloud infrastructure preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
If interested please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ELK SME in the subject line.