|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Fabienne Javier|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 13:40|
Our client, a leading Global Insurer, is currently looking to bring in a strong and ambitious DBA, who will form part of a strong team focused on a large transformation and technology refresh. The successful candidate will be someone who can review a current Sybase DB that supports a large suite of legacy applications, and be responsible for the new physical design and logical implementations that all falls into the Organisation’s move to Cloud. They need someone who is able to use MS SQL, create scalable designs without compromising performance, and be able to consistently ensure that the data is accurate, and uncompromised.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Implement a new DB suitable for cloud integration and design and upgrade the technical design to ensure high systems availability and performance.
- Provide database system administration using MySQL & MSSQL.
- Implement new logical designs based on Organisation’s goals.
- Review & Implement security enforcement to ensure data security and integrity.
- Create scalable storage designs, without losing performance.
- Provide technical guidance, consultancy, recommendations and advice around suitable technologies.
- Provide capacity, backup and patch management on all database servers.
- Constantly look at performance tuning and improvements.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing databases, with MSSQL experience.
- Knowledgeable in Mongo DB and other various open-source DB’s.
- Experience in designing high performing, scalable DB’s, with an understanding of production environment.
- Experience in various operating systems; Linux and Windows Server.
- Understanding of Sybase would be a great advantage.
- Having an understanding of ETL would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills in English.
If interested, please send your CV to Fabienne@mainstayasia.com and put “DBA” into the subject header.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's