Cloud Solution Architect
|Job Title:||Cloud Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Fabienne Javier|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2020 15:32|
Our client, one of the largest Global Insurers, are currently going through a large transformation and technology refresh, with a big emphasis on creating a new environment based on cloud technologies and DevOps/automation. As part of this, they are currently looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect, who will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of cloud-based IT solutions going forward. The successful candidate will have a strong internal team of engineers to manage and show best practice to, as well as having a large amount of Vendor support at their disposal.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing a Cloud strategy, whilst following Enterprise governance and standards in line with Business needs.
- Be responsible to conduct appropriate research and make recommendations on suitable cloud platforms & services.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders, vendors/ outside partners to ensure delivery of cloud strategy whilst communicating progress consistently to Senior management.
- Work closely with various teams to ensure Cloud Security and integrity.
- Create a Cloud Infrastructure and environment that will allow future updates, apps to move to cloud with ease and automation.
- Work with development/engineering teams to discuss the various releases on system OS and infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain automation and maintenance in the various environments, systems and services.
- Be able to get “hands dirty” in showing best practice to Engineering team.
- Create a solution that is secure, can be hardened and scalable and in line with Organisation standards.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 10 years work experience within IT Infrastructure, with at least 5 years’ experience in DevOps and Cloud computing.
- Must have experience with a large scale, complex enterprise integration systems in a high availability, high volume, performing environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization/container technologies, such as VMware, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Microsoft GitHub, Jira and Confluence, Nexus, and Jenkins.
- Have the ability and experience to work and manage multiple vendors to support and implement cloud based solutions on a Regional scale.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple on-going projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills in English
If interested in the role, or would like to find out more, please send your CV to: email@example.com and include “Cloud Solutions Architect” in the subject header.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's