Cloud PaaS – Automation & Service Delivery (DevOps) Senior Technical Manager
|Job Title:||Cloud PaaS – Automation & Service Delivery (DevOps) Senior Technical Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jeremy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2021 10:33|
Our client, a large blue chip organisation, is currently going through a large transformation and technology refresh, with a big emphasis on creating a new environment based on cloud technologies and DevOps/automation. As part of this, they are currently looking for an experienced DevOps Manager, who has a good understanding of Architectural solutions and Platform-as-a-service.
The ideal candidate is someone with proven hands on experience designing, developing and implementing a cloud-based IT solutions, while managing a team of engineers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Prepares and develops scope of work inclusive of overview, scope, duration, deliverables, plan with DevOps solution providers to support both Cloud and ITIL environments
- Define infrastructure best practices for IT delivery and operations. Utilise systems and tools to develop automation and monitoring across the software application life cycle
- Assign and monitor work while ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implement quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
- Display technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to deliver DevOps solutions for PaaS and IaaS across the application lifecycle
- Implement and maintain automation and maintenance in the various environments, systems and services.
- Be able to get “hands dirty” in showing best practice to Engineering team.
- Create a solution that is secure, can be hardened and scalable and in line with Organisation standards.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 12 years of experience working on system design, software development, IT management in a large enterprise, with track record in leading the delivery of complex system development projects.
- Must have experience with a large scale, complex enterprise integration systems in a high availability, high volume, performing environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization/container technologies, such as VMware, Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven experience in different cloud (private and public) platforms
- Experience in Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Solid experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Monitoring (CM) and Infrastructure Automation using the tools such as Git, Jenkins, Jfrog Artifactory, IBM UrbanCode, Ansible, etc
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Excellent communication skills in English
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior DevOps Manager" in the subject line.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's