Cloud Enterprise Architect
|Job Title:||Cloud Enterprise Architect|
|Contract Type:||Contract to Perm|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2019 11:16|
As the Architecture Work stream Lead, you will need to provide leadership for the design and development of cloud infrastructure and cloud services to help achieve scalable, highly available application solutions that are leveraged in the cloud.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized on platform services such as OpenPaaS (OpenShift), IBM BlueMix, AWS Cloud Service and potentially MS Azure
- Establishing architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Designing solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks
- Work as a technical leader alongside the business, solution and service delivery teams. Provide deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
- Advise on and implement cloud best practices.
- Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
- Work as both an infrastructure and application development specialist.
- Design and Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Participate in early life deployments
- Synchronize regularly with Enterprise Architecture
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
- Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Assist application solution architects design scalable, highly available, secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
- Utilize cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to business outcomes and KPIs. Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
- Maintain technical vendor relationship.
Requirements of the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years IT architect experience
- Minimum 5 years of software development/coding experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Cloud Architecture experience within Public and Private cloud environments
- Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Java, Ruby, JSON, etc.
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Ability to travel as needed (25-50%)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong influencer and stakeholder management skills
- Good experience with Continuous integration and continuous delivery
Interested applicants can send their CV at " email@example.com " with the subject title "Cloud Enterprise Architect"