Cloud Engineer (DevOps)
|Job Title:||Cloud Engineer (DevOps)|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 09:57|
Our client is a leading provider of enterprise risk management, portfolio management, and regulatory reporting solutions in the industry.
They are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to monitor and investigate technical issues with a state-of-the-art risk management application running on a cloud computing infrastructure (Microsoft Azure). The candidate will ensure the system is continually available and able to meet the needs of the clients, using a thorough understanding of the system architecture, combined with a suite of third party and in-house monitoring tools.
- Gain an understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure (including IaaS, PaaS, cloud storage, and Azure Service Fabric), and the in-house products and services runs on it.
- Contribute to the development, specification and maintenance of a suite of monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting tools (including Nagios, Elastic, OMS, Graphite/Grafana). Ensure this suite of tools meet the support needs of a continually expanding products
- Contribute to the performance and security of the underlying infrastructure working closely with Microsoft to use the latest Azure features and functionality
- Monitor daily client batch processes and perform baseline quality assurance checks to ensure SLA compliance
- Provide technical support for all products via ticketing system (JIRA), for internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Strong quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills, detail oriented
- Very proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience with monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting solutions such as Nagios, Geneos, Graphite, Splunk, Elastic, OpenNMS
- Experience in Application Support, particularly in financial services industry
- CP/IP Networking or System Admin experience (Active Directory, WSUS, group policy, etc)
- MSCE Certification, or experience with SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming language, VBA, UNIX/LINUX
- Understanding of financial markets and terminology
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and put "Cloud Engineer - DevOps” in the Subject Heading. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's