Cloud Engineer (DevOps)
|Job Title:||Cloud Engineer (DevOps)|
|Contact Name:||Ben Davey|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 09:57|
Our client is a leading provider of enterprise risk management, portfolio management, and regulatory reporting solutions in the industry.
They are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to monitor and investigate technical issues with a state-of-the-art risk management application running on a cloud computing infrastructure (Microsoft Azure). The candidate will ensure the system is continually available and able to meet the needs of the clients, using a thorough understanding of the system architecture, combined with a suite of third party and in-house monitoring tools.
- Gain an understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure (including IaaS, PaaS, cloud storage, and Azure Service Fabric), and the in-house products and services runs on it.
- Contribute to the development, specification and maintenance of a suite of monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting tools (including Nagios, Elastic, OMS, Graphite/Grafana). Ensure this suite of tools meet the support needs of a continually expanding products
- Contribute to the performance and security of the underlying infrastructure working closely with Microsoft to use the latest Azure features and functionality
- Monitor daily client batch processes and perform baseline quality assurance checks to ensure SLA compliance
- Provide technical support for all products via ticketing system (JIRA), for internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Strong quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills, detail oriented
- Very proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience with monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting solutions such as Nagios, Geneos, Graphite, Splunk, Elastic, OpenNMS
- Experience in Application Support, particularly in financial services industry
- CP/IP Networking or System Admin experience (Active Directory, WSUS, group policy, etc)
- MSCE Certification, or experience with SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming language, VBA, UNIX/LINUX
- Understanding of financial markets and terminology
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format to email@example.com and put "Cloud Engineer - DevOps” in the Subject Heading. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and in accordance with our Data Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)